Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fluff your Peacock

I'm sure you're wondering what the heck I am talking about. Well even if you don't realize it we all have at least a couple of peacocks in our lives. I first came up with the name when I was on my beach trip with my friends. My tried and true friend, Nicey, Is my Queen peacock. We were sitting on the beach and this guy came up to talk to us. The rest of us were just laying there because we all know we look better laying down than standing up and showing all of our feathers. But not Nicey, this bird always gets up and has this kind of cocky, upright posture and this air about her when strangers come along.. She is the Queen, mother peacock!

So after this very married guy "just being nice" leaves, I sat there and thought........ Oh my gosh, you just totally spread your feathers when that guy walked up and totally took over. You are like a peacock!!! Then I realized that her feathers need to be fluffed now and then. What I mean is that the peacock will do anything for you but you have to fluff her feathers now and then. For instance, lots of thank you's, lots of positive reinforcements, and lots of compliments. These things will take you a long way with the peacocks in your lives! I mean this in a very good way. Actually, we should treat everyone like peacocks. Very beautiful birds that have wonderful colorful feathers that need to be nurtured and taken care of and fluffed in order to keep them thriving.

I have realized that I also have a daddy peacock in my life. It is absolutely my dad. He would do anything for me but he requires a lot of fluffing and sucking up to. I have fought this bird my whole life. But after my epiphany at the beach I finally realized that its not worth the fight. The end results are well worth it!!

Lets thank all of the peacocks in our lives, what would we do without them??????

2 comments:

  1. Saw the title and thought...u were getting to personal. whew...diff type of peacock :)

    rc

    ReplyDelete