Sunday, June 13, 2010

How do they do it??








Just got back from a long weekend of baseball in lulling. I still don't get the whole baseball thing. I feel like I am the only one that complains or thinks that the whole tournament thing is a racket. This is the drill... I usually complain about where it is and the fact that we have to get their an hour early, just to get everyone in and all of the snacks is a fortune and I literally sweat my ass off. Everyone else brings food, toys, drinks, battery operated fans, bug spray, sun block, and are all color coordinated, I seriously don't know how people do it!!!

So my housekeeper decided to not show around 2 months ago and since then I am in charge of the cleaning. How do people do it????? I feel like all I do is clean my house. OK so maybe I don't get up till 11:00 but from then till 11pm I do not sit down..Literally do not sit down between the cleaning, cooking, carting kids, going to grocery, working out, watering the garden, yelling at the kids, doing the laundry, more yelling at the kids, making sure all of the baseball uniforms are together for the games we have 4 days a week, not including Cameron's weekend tournaments...

What the hell! I know I signed up for this whole stay at home mom, wife thing but I swear it is so damn hard. By the end of the day all I want to do is have a glass of wine and chill out to watch Bravo. But one glass turns to Two then Three and then I find myself not wanting to get up at all the next day so I try not to drink at least Monday till Thursday, although the summer is a little different and the rules are bent a little bit more but I still try to abide.

So we get home late last night after we won one game and lost one the weirdest thing happened. There was a frog in my house and I swear he or she had the biggest dust bunny hanging on its leg it could not hop. Then I found a June bug with the same problem. I have never seen this in my life. I know I mopped Friday afternoon and swept twice since then so why are my floors so damn dirty. I give up!

In the mist of all this I found Bella eating lettuce on a fork which I thought is much more healthy than Chicken on a stick and actually tasted really good. Maybe I should start selling these at fairs...Lettuce on a stick????? Bella may be on to something.













4 comments:

  1. Mommy is the best job in the world. Take it from someone who just started you aren't missing anything in the business world. Just think Mommy's create Presidents, Doctors Lawyers I don't think there is anything we haven't created :) Your doing great don't worry about the "color coordinated" they just appear to be "coordinated" anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know the secret ...they have good husbands
    happy wife ...happy life
    thanks for keeping in clean
    my kids read this stuff

    from RC

    ReplyDelete
  3. thought the lettuce was cotton candy..frog legs for dinner tonight???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to respond to this BLOG post when it first went up. I am with you, Lynn, on the baseball -it is a racket! And it never ENDS...

    ReplyDelete