Thursday, May 20, 2010

Boiling over

OK so I have not given all of my kids a party every year of their lives. I truly believe I should have but it just didn't happen. Bella had a party on her 1st and 3rd birthday but this year she wanted a big "Princess Water slide" party. We were so graciously given all of my nieces extra candy and lollipop decorations from her sweet 16 so we had a candy bar, big water slide and 40 of her closest friends. OMG!
I love it when its over and I love planning it but the actual event kinda sucks! First of all Quint had Bella before the party and thought the party started one hour later than it actually did so the birthday girl arrived very fashionably late. My dad has always taught me to make lemons out of lemonade So I thought how can I make the most of this weird situation where a 5 year old is almost an hour late for her own party???? So I thought about it and knew that all of my kids have always asked for a surprise party and I was going to seize the moment. I gathered up everyone in the house before Bella arrives and when she gets there I met her on the porch and told her no one came and the look on her face was so pitiful but when she she saw everyone in the house yelling "SURPRISE!!" It was priceless.

There you go... one more thing off of my bucket list....."THROW BELLA A SURPRISE PARTY" DONE!

Bella and Georgia had an ENT appointment on Tuesday for their ears. Georgia and Bella's ears were good and Georgia will get tubes next week! The bad news is that Millie woke up with a big boil on her knee Tuesday morning, I think from the nasty water slide. Anyway, with such a large family we are no strangers to boils. I swear I have never seen so many boils in the last couple of years. I know exactly how to pop them and drain them. Soooo gross but it has to be done. So Dr. Mike drained it and sent us on our way. Prior to seeing Mike, which by the way, is an ENT doctor and very graiously lanced it for us while Bella was getting her hearing tested Millie would yell ."Don't touch my boil!" ......... "Watch out for my boil!".........But being the funny girl she is by Wednesday she was saying, "SPANK THE BOIL, COME ON SPANK THE BOIL!" What the hell does that mean?? Who does she possibly think would spank her boil......I swear that child reminds me of myself.

Our summers have officially begun because I have been spending every evening watching my girls play cabbage ball in preperation of their big opening weekend at Lakeview playground. I swear it is bitter sweet! I seriously don't know why I go to the games. I know all I do is talk the whole entire time!!! I never see Millie or Bella hit and the only thing I do is entertain Georgia and get frustrated with the money I dish out. Lakeview does sell beer, so it does ease the pain a little bit, but I sill think all playgrounds should have a a state of the art nursery so parents can actually watch their other kids play. Of course it would be stocked with pickles, sour punch straws, Gatorade's, hot dogs and nachos so those kids don't feel left out. Maybe this year I will invest in a muzzle so I actually watch my kids play!



1 comment:

  1. Let me know how that muzzle works?? And if you wore the muzzle make sure it has some bling.But if you were muzzled how would we have all these great stories. "Please don't put baby in a corner"

    ReplyDelete